- To be the leader and first choice to guest and franchisors.
- We constantly are striving to accomplish our objectives in meeting the requirements and expectations of guests with relentless.
Al-Ghunaim Trading Co. Ltd. family can trace their ancestry in Kuwait all the way back to the 18th century. The family’s original source of income was trading and selling all types of goods. The family turned its focus to international trading with countries in the Gulf and South Asia. Khalid Saleh Al-Ghunaim, father of the present owners, started his working career at a very young age as a record keeper. He soon became well recognized for his business success. He was then elected to parliament where he became the Speaker of the House and then the President of the National Assembly for three consecutive terms. Three of the Al-Ghunaim brothers, Mr. Sulaiman, Mr. Abdulghani and Mr. Sabah followed in their father’s footsteps becoming very prominent business men in Kuwait. The three brothers founded the Al-Ghunaim Trading Co. Ltd. in 1978. The vast experience and dedication of the Al-Ghunaim family has built Al-Ghunaim Trading Co. into an international company it is today.
Al-Ghunaim Group is one of the prominent groups in Kuwait, with business interests in Trading, Real Estate, Hospitality and Security to name a few. The group employs over 1,500 employees in more than twelve companies. Al-Ghunaim Trading Co. Ltd. has many years of experience in the hospitality business having moved into a multinational casual dining restaurant company that paved the way for the company to be the franchise for Brinker International in Kuwait, for “Chili’s” Restaurant. Currently we are the Master Franchisee for “Johnny Carino’s Italian Restaurant, “Cinnamonster” cinnamon rolls coffee shop in the entire Middle East Region. In the process, we host in Kuwait the oldest coffee concept in the world “The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf”, The Pizzeria as one of our fast food concepts, and also we host the African style of the famous Mediterranean Home of Seafood – “Ocean Basket” Restaurant.
Chili’s began operating in Kuwait in 1998. The history of Kuwait Towers in Gulf Road, one would surely opt to spend quality time with family and friends where our service sizzles and our quality foods are different, delicious and distinctive. Recently, Chili’s holds the world’s number one (1) Highest Sales Record in a day, week and month respectively. This worldwide record has catapulted Chili’s to be the number one (1) sizzling restaurant not just in Kuwait but also in the entire Middle East. Thus, Al-Ghunaim Trading Co. Ltd. decided to open more Chili’s outlets in Kuwait to offer our quality foods and impeccable service that contributed to our success in the restaurant business.
The Following are the companies that fall under the Al-Ghunaim Group umbrella:
- Al-Ghunaim Trading Company Ltd. – is in the hospitality business. We have expanded into a multinational casual dining restaurant company such as Chili’s, Johnny Carino’s, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Cinnamonster, The Pizzeria and Ocean Basket.
- Food Distributors Company: food products, food delivery and catering.
- Juice Lovers General Trading Company: Operates Chili’s Kuwait – a casual dining restaurant.
- Tala Food Company.
- Al-Noun Trading Company: Computer accessories and office stationaries.
- Gulf Security Company: The largest private security company in the Gulf Area offering total security services of static guards, cash-in-transit and VIP protection.
- Al-Ghunaim Group Trading Company: General Trading.
- Al-Tashyeed Real Estate Company: Real Estate Investment Company.
- AGI-Bahrain: Owner of Carino’s, Saj Express and Cinnamonster Restaurants in Bahrain.
- E.Net Automated Services Network Co.
- KMK Restaurant Management Co:. Management and Operation of Restaurants. Master Developer/Franchisee for Cinnamonster Restaurants throughout the Middle East.
- Tala Restaurant Management Co. (Bahrain).
- International Restaurant Group (Lebanon).
- ARZ Catering Group (Lebanon).
We are the master franchise in the Middle East for Cinnamonster and Johnny Carino’s Italian Restaurants.
Board of Directors
- Mr. Abdulghani K. Al-Ghunaim – Chairman & CEO
- Mr. Sabah K. Al-Ghunaim – Director
- Mr. Sulaiman K. Al-Ghunaim – Director
- Mr. Mishary Al-Ghunaim – General Manager
- Mr. Laxman Raj – Chief Finance Officer / Supply Chain
- Mr. Ahmed Noury – Development Manager
- Mr. Mohammad Mayyas – IT Manager
- Mr. Pradeep Kumar – Warehouse & Distribution Manager
- Mr. Saju Sebastian – Accounts Manager
- Mr. Khaled Ahmed – Maintenance Manager
- Mr. Wael Hassan – Admin Manager
- Mr. Ayman Abou Zied – HR Manager
Concept Operations Managers
- Mr. Hamdy Esmat – Chili’s
- Mr. Sanjay Kumar Dalai – The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf / Cinnamonster
- Ms. Theresa Merchandani – Johnny Carino’s and The Pizzeria
- Mr. Ahmed Mando – Ocean Basket
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Ocean Basket
- Johnny Carino’s
- The Pizzeria